The Newsroom is maintained by the Public Relations Department to
offer members of the news media access to current information about
Beverly Hospital; Addison Gilbert Hospital; BayRidge Hospital;
and Lahey Outpatient Center, Danvers.
We welcome the opportunity to work with the media.
Please note it is our policy that all media inquiries regarding
any and all hospital business or patient care must be made through
the Department of Public Relations. Any representative from the
media, including but not limited to film crews, reporters,
producers, and photographers, must be accompanied by a
representative from the Department of Public Relations when on
hospital/Northeast Health System property/campuses. A media
relations representative from the Department of Public Relations is
available at all times.
To protect patient confidentiality, we follow the widely used
American Hospital Association guidelines on the release of patient
information developed to meet the mandated patient privacy
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. To
receive information about a patient's condition:
- You must provide the patient's full name. If there is any
question about confirmation of patient, information will not be
- We only provide one-word descriptions about a patient's
- "Stable" is not used.
- In the event of a large scale disaster, we will work to provide
general information about patients brought to the hospital.
You can reach us Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. by
contacting the Media Relations Department:
Director of Media Relations
Senior Manager of Media Relations
If you need to reach a member of the media relations team after
normal business hours, please page them at 781.256.9373 and a
member of the department will get back to you.
What is it that separates us from any other health and human
services provider in Massachusetts? It is our comprehensive
commitment to provide you both the first-class medical care and
world-class attention you deserve. We feel there's no other
hospital or medical facility in the area that combines the latest
advances in medicine with a truly remarkable and refreshing level
of warmth and compassion. More . . .
- When the due date of Alecia Yonis’ first child started getting closer, the Topsfield mother knew she had to make a decision on what form of pain management she was going to use to deliver her son.
- Former Beverly Hospital and Lahey Clinic physician Frank Carbone Jr., MD, has been honored by the Massachusetts Medical Society as the 2016 recipient of its Lifetime Achievement Award.