Seacoast Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Seacoast Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a beautiful, modern facility offering short-term rehabilitation programs, respite care, complete medical and skilled nursing care.
Seacoast is a member of Lahey Health Senior Care, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to meeting the healthcare needs of North Shore residents by offering a complete continuum of care comprised of the highest quality nursing, rehabilitation programs and services.
292 Washington Street,
Gloucester, MA 01930
The Seacoast Approach to Care
Seacoast Nursing & Rehabilitation Center offers a coordinated multidisciplinary team approach to care, including physician and nursing care, social services, case management, physical, occupational and respiratory therapy, speech therapy, and nutrition and pharmaceutical management. Our caring, highly skilled clinical professionals provide individualized, quality care to meet the needs of each resident.
Skilled Nursing Care
High quality skilled nursing care is provided 24 hours a day to all residents of Seacoast. Services include:
- IV therapy
- Pain management
- Wound management
- Oncology care
- Restorative nursing care
- Nutritional therapy
- Cardiopulmonary treatment
- Diabetes management
- Enteral feedings
Specialized Rehabilitation Programs
While Seacoast provides comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services for a wide range of conditions, our clinical expertise allows us to provide specialized rehabilitation programs for the following:
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation... elective joint replacement, fractures, dislocations and other orthopedic surgeries
- Neurological Rehabilitation... neurological disease, Parkinson's, stroke recovery, recovery from neurosurgery, back surgery, brain surgeries
- Complex Medical Care... diverse medical conditions, multiple system failures or difficulties, complex wound care, IV antibiotic treatment
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation... lung disease, peripheral vascular disease, congestive heart failure (CHF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease CO PD, pulmonary embolism
- Cardiac Care... cardiac surgery, angioplasty, myocardial infarction, other cardiac disorders
Rehabilitation Therapy Services
The Rehabilitation department performs comprehensive evaluations as ordered by the physician to develop appropriate goals for patients to return to their prior level of function. Rehabilitation programs typically utilize some combination of physical, occupational and speech therapy.
- Physical therapy addresses strengthening and balance to improve the ability to perform transfers, walk and use stairs.
- Occupational therapy addresses self-care and home management skills.
- Speech therapy addresses deficits in swallowing, communication, and memory.
In additional to utilizing traditional therapeutic approaches, Seacoast's rehabilitation staff has advanced training and employs state-of-the-art technology including:
- Ultrasound Treatment for soft tissue management
- Electrical Stimulation for pain management and muscle strengthening
- Short Wave Diathermy for edema and pain management and wound treatment
Seacoast has been a preferred provider of short-term inpatient rehabilitation to residents of the North Shore for many years. Seacoast has an exclusive short-term rehabilitation unit and utilizes an interdisciplinary team approach to develop individualized plans of care. Highly skilled, physical, occupational and speech therapists provide aggressive therapy utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and modalities to help decrease pain and restore function.
It is our priority to respond as completely as possible to meet all of our residents' needs. To that end, Seacoast is pleased to offer the following additional services to our residents:
- Therapeutic recreational services
- Dietary management
- Hairdresser/barber services
- Psychiatric services
A Comfortable Home
The specially designed building has a handsome, brick exterior and views of the natural beauty that surrounds the Gloucester community. Seacoast offers private and semiprivate oversized accommodations with cable television service and residents are encouraged to bring personal mementos to help make their surroundings feel more like home.
The Seacoast Location
Situated on the campus of Addison Gilbert Hospital in Gloucester, Seacoast provides the special expertise required to care for individuals with complex medical and surgical issues. The staff of Addison Gilbert Hospital, including a board-certified gerontologist, is located next door. If and when acute-care services are needed, the hospital's facilities and resources are readily available.