Patients & Visitors' Guide
Guest Wireless Network Capabilities' Guidelines
Northeast Hospitals is proud to offer free wireless Internet
access to our patients and visitors. Our Guest Wireless Network is
compatible with most wireless-ready computing devices. For your
convenience, connectivity is available throughout most of the
Beverly Hospital, Addison Gilbert Hospital, and Lahey
Outpatient Center, Danvers campuses.
Connecting to the Northeast Hospitals Guest Wireless
In order to connect to our Guest Wireless Network, follow these
1. Enable the wireless feature on your computer.
2. Connect to the "BHGUEST" network.
3. Once you are connected, open your web browser. Upon your
first attempt to navigate to a website, you will be redirected to
our Disclaimer. You must read and accept this policy by clicking
"Accept" at the bottom of the page.
4. After accepting the policy you are re-directed to the Beverly
Hospital (www.BeverlyHospital.org) website.
5. You can now browse the web normally.
The Northeast Hospitals Guest Wireless Network supports 802.11b
and 802.11g devices only. If you cannot connect to the wireless
network, verify your wireless adapter is running in one of these
The Northeast Hospitals Guest
Wireless Network requires your web browser to be configured to
automatically detect proxy settings. If you can connect to the
wireless network but are unable to browse websites, you should
verify your browser is configured properly. Below are steps to
check your proxy configuration for some popular web browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
• Select "Internet Options" from the "Tools" menu.
• Click the "Connections" tab.
• Click the "LAN Settings" button.
• Verify "Automatically detect settings" is checked.
• Select "Options" from the "Tools" menu.
• Click the "Advanced" icon along the top of the "Options"
• Click the "Network" tab.
• Click the "Settings" button.
• Verify "Auto-Detect Proxy Settings for This Network" is
• Your use of the Northeast Hospitals Guest Wireless
Network Internet connection is at your own risk. As with most
public wireless hot spots, the Northeast Hospitals Guest Wireless
Network is not secure. There can be an unknown 3rd party between
you and anybody in which you communicate with over this connection.
Any information being sent or received could potentially be
intercepted by another wireless user. Wireless users should never
transmit their credit card information, passwords, or any other
sensitive personal information while using this wireless
• Northeast Hospitals assumes no responsibility, and shall
not be liable for the loss of data, damages, or viruses that may
infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your
access to, use of, or browsing in any website, or your downloading
of any materials from websites.
• Any restriction or monitoring of a minor's access to the
hospital's guest wireless network is the sole responsibility of the
parent or guardian.
• Northeast Hospitals cannot guarantee that your hardware
will work with the hospital's Guest Wireless Network.
• If you have problems accessing the Internet over the
Guest Wireless Network, staff cannot assist in making changes to
your network settings or perform any troubleshooting on your
device. You should refer to the owners' manual for your device or
other support services offered by your device manufacturer.
• The dissemination, storage or distribution of material
that is fraudulent, sexually explicit, profane, defamatory or
unlawful is strictly prohibited. The dissemination, storage or
distribution of commercial or personal advertisements,
solicitations, and promotions are also strictly
Northeast Hospitals is unable to provide technical support
for your device or your software configuration.